What is a Cookie?
Cookies are files that websites transfer to the computers that connect to them. Although cookies are often used for technical reasons only, they also allow for a further series of actions such as storing and retrieving information about a user or computer browsing habits and to recognise the user depending on the information they contain and the way they use the hardware.
Some cookies are controlled and managed by website owners (first-party cookies), whilst others are administered by third parties (the so-called third-party cookies), as they provide a tool or serve a function that is integrated onto the website.
Some types of cookies are erased once the user has finished browsing the website (session cookies), whilst others may remain stored on users’ computers and be accessed for a longer period (persistent cookies).
What types of cookies does this website use and what for?
On this Website we use the following types of cookies:
1. Technical cookies
We use technical cookies in order to provide our users with the services they request. These cookies are essential for browsing and using the various website options and services, such as monitoring traffic and data communication, identifying the/a session, accessing restricted zones, using security elements while browsing as well as sharing content via social networks.
2. Personalization cookies
For the purpose of optimising our website experience, we use personalisation
cookies that allow us to set up the website and its services in accordance with users’ preferences or the general
characteristics of their computer, such as the browser and version used, the operating system installed, etc.
These cookies are used for purposes such as remembering the parameters selected by users during their visits, tailoring the website content in accordance with their language or location, or maintaining the accredited status of registered users.
3. Analysis cookies
Analysis cookies allow for the assessment and analysis of website activities and the creation of user browsing profiles.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS is a tool provided by the company Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway. Mountain View, CA 94043 USA. You can obtain more information about GOOGLE ANALYTICS and the cookies used by this service in the following links:
You can desactivate the cookies from GOOGLE ANALYTICS by installing the Opt-out browser created by Google. The Opt-out browser is available in the following link:
By way of an example, the following data obtained from browsing our Website are typical of the types that are used for analysis:
- The domain name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and/or the IP address that provides them with access to the network. For instance, a user of provider xxx will only be identified by the domain xxx.es and/or the IP address. This way we can obtain statistics regarding the countries and web servers that visit our website most frequently.
- The date and time our website is accessed. This information allows us to determine the times of highest traffic and make the necessary adjustments in order to avoid saturation during our peak periods.
- he Internet address hosting the link leading to our website. With this information we can determine how effective the various banners and links connecting to our server actually are in order to focus on those offering the best results.
- The number of visitors to each section per day. This makes it possible for us to find out which sections are most successful in order to expand and improve their content, thereby ensuring greater user satisfaction.
4. Advertising cookies
We use advertising cookies to analyse users’ browsing habits in order to create specific profiles and show advertising that is personalised in accordance with user profiles.
In order to ensure that our online advertising is tailored and relevant, we occasionally use selective online advertising software in order to promote our website and enhance the efficiency of the advertising shown. Collaborating companies that participate in this software may show users ads that reflect their tastes and interests based on the information generated by their browsing of our website or those of third parties that participate in the software. To this end, said collaborating entities may install a cookie on your browser in order to identify you as a member of the corresponding target. Likewise, the website may install a tracking cookie to detect any previous visits you may have made to their website.
You can obtain more information about online behavioural advertising and how to manage your browser privacy in order to opt out of these processes at www.youronlinechoices.eu
Cookies from selective advertising of the following third parties may be installed during your surfing experience (note: as we cannot control them, we are not liable for the content and veracity of the information and privacy policies related to such cookies):
- DoubleClick - Google, Inc., with address at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway. Mountain View, CA 94043 USA. You will find more information about these cookies at: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/ and https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090?hl=en. You can deactivate the DoubleClick cookies by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx.
- HUBSPOT and HUBSPOT FORMS - HUBSPOT, Inc., with address at 25 First Street, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02141 USA. You will find more information about the cookies used by Hubspot at: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy (English) and https://legal.hubspot.com/es/privacy-policy?__hstc=259582869.e72f5b1353b4c5187b72bf94e9bd3847.1488183318299.1489568153619.1489765820508 .3&__hssc=259582869.5.1489765820508&__hsfp=702374712 (Spanish).
GOOGLE and HUBSPOT are members of the EU-USA Privacy Shield data protection framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/list).
Are cookies anonymous?
How can I manage cookies?
Website users may use their browser settings in order to opt not to receive cookies, to delete them or to receive information regarding their installation. To find out how to manage cookies on your browser, we advise you to check the “Help” section on your browser.
Below you will find information about cookie management provided by the developers of the main browsers:
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/index?q=manage+cookies&src=globalnav_support&type=organic&page=search&locale=es_ES
Disabling cookies may mean that you may not be able to use all the website functionalities.
In order to disable third-party advertising cookies, users may also visit the NAI’s (Network Advertising Initiative) opt-out website at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.